Bristol, London or Manchester. Please specify any preference on your application form. Homeworking during the COVID-19 pandemic is permitted.
Hours of work:
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 08:00 - 18:00.
As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent environmental consultancy working primarily in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, low carbon energy, marine planning and climate change mitigation. We employ around 90 members of staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland. From these offices, we work throughout the UK, across EU Member States and beyond.
The successful applicant will predominantly support our local authority clients in making responsible procurement decisions aligned to their ambitions for carbon neutral operations. You will ideally be an experienced:
- Environmental services professional, with good subject matter knowledge and the desire to strengthen your green public procurement knowledge; and/or
- Procurement professional, with good subject matter knowledge and the desire to strengthen your knowledge of environmental issues.
The main focus of your work will involve:
- Advising clients in how to achieve procurement policy goals relating to climate change and sustainable consumption and production;
- Leading on procurement project implementation including: management and delivery of preliminary market engagement; development of business case and procurement strategy; production of procurement and contract documentation; evaluation of submissions; production of evaluation reports; support with contract award activities;
- Supporting with the delivery of contract negotiation with the market on behalf of clients;
- Undertaking technical research.
You will be flexible with a strong work ethic, and feel comfortable simultaneously leading and delivering a number of projects and bids under pressure. You will overcome project challenges through creative solutions. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share our commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
- At least five years’ experience managing procurement projects and/or projects with a strong procurement element in the environmental field to budget, time and client satisfaction;
- Strong passion and evidence of procurement related technical knowledge;
- Strong report writing expertise, strong attention to detail and excellent written English;
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate for the successful delivery of outcomes.
- Experience of consulting to local government or experience of working within local government;
- A project management qualification or accreditation (e.g. PRINCE2 or MSP, APM membership);
- Relevant professional membership (e.g. IEMA, CIWM, CIPS).
Head of Procurement.
Bristol & Manchester based
Competitive depending on skills and experience.
London based staff will receive an additional £3,000 in accordance with Eunomia’s London Weighting Allowance policy.
- Private healthcare;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Group pension;
- Death in service scheme; and
- Income protection scheme (after completion of probationary period)
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com and must include the following:
- A formal covering letter should be submitted (maximum 2 pages of A4) addressed to David Pietropaoli summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
- A completed application form which should be downloaded from http://www.eunomia.co.uk/about-us/working-eunomia/
- The deadline for applications is Midday 25th September 2020.
- First interviews will be held video conferencing and are anticipated to be in w/c 28th September 2020. First interviews will consist of a question & answer interview and you will also be asked to prepare a short presentation, the topic will be given upon invitation to interview.
- Second interviews, if required, are anticipated to be in w/c 5th October 2020.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0117 917 2250
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward.
Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer.
Company no. 4150627