Officer 1 Hydrometry & Telemetry
- Location: St Mellons or Cross Hands
- Grade & Salary: 4 - £25,828 rising to £29,352 over four years
- Post number: 200888 202428
- Type of contract: Permanent
Closing date: 23 August 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holder will:
- Work as part of a team to support and assist in the delivery of integrated Hydrometry & Telemetry (H&T) services in Operations, maintaining the quality of NRW’s hydrometric data by applying appropriate measurement solutions and ensuring the Hydrometric network is operational.
- Be responsible for general data acquisition, site maintenance, installation, calibration of hydrometric and telemetry instrumentation used to support the Hydrometric network.
- Consider the principles of SMNR and Well-being of Future Generations Act in all decision making.
Qualifications and Skills
Relevant qualifications – Educated to degree level or equivalent in a scientific or engineering subject, and ideally some experience in a similar job type role.
You'll need to be a good communicator, be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and be a strong team worker.
A sound awareness and understanding of Health and Safety and relevant regulations working safely within the role.
Understanding of Hydrometry and Telemetry work, systems and how the team fits into the NRW’s approach to Water Management and Flood Risk applying the principles of Sustainable Management of Natural Resources.
Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and be able to prioritise workload to fit the need of the team, working with others and alone to undertake tasks.
The role will require regular travelling to and from sites within a defined area Must have full UK driving licence.
A basic awareness of the British, European and International Standards relating to Hydrometry and its mechanisms, enabling NRW to deliver appropriate hydrometric data.
An awareness of welsh culture, and a positive attitude to linguistic and cultural diversity.
For more information, please visit our website.