London based although for the right person we will consider both Bristol and Warrington. We also encourage a balance of working from our offices and working from home.
Full or part-time hours (minimum of 4 days per week)
At Logika we work as one team alongside our sister companies Noise Consultants Ltd and Air Quality Consultants Ltd; we see flexibility and collaboration as essential to our continued success and we manage the Group of companies as if a single entity. We provide people with the opportunity to progress and work on interesting projects with a wide range of valued clients who operate in a variety of sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Ecological Consultant to join our growing and reputable team within Logika. This is a new and exciting role and you will have the opportunity to work with clients across the UK on key projects.
You will also gain the opportunity to get involved in other projects across the group.
You will be responsible for undertaking ecological surveys, including Phase 1 habitat surveys and preferably for one or more protected species. You will also be expected to manage ecological projects or tasks, liaise with clients and sub-consultants, and help to prepare fee proposals and author technical reports including most particularly ecological impact assessment reports.
It is the philosophy of Logika that the role of an environmental consultant should be to ensure that environmental issues are at the heart of development design. Therefore, it is of importance that you should have a creative streak, being able to work with our landscape designers to embed ecological design solutions into development proposals to ensure the meeting of Net Biodiversity Gain requirements whilst also helping to achieve other green infrastructure ambitions such as reducing flood risk and improving air quality.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of planning and conducting ecological surveys, including Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species surveys
- A passion and flair for developing ecological enhancement and mitigation design measures. Previous experience of consultancy work (approximately 3-8 years)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including good report writing skills and previous experience with working directly with clients, their planners and lawyers and within their design teams.
- A good understanding of wildlife legislation, the planning process, EIA and, ideally Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Experience of project management and/or preparation of ecology proposals and tenders.
- A degree in a relevant subject
- A broad understanding of environmental policy
- Experience in ecological impact assessment
What we offer:
We are a growing Group of companies that wants to do things differently, with an exciting future that will help you shape and realise your ambitions. You will have a great opportunity to work with a talented and dedicated team and be able to develop your career as the company grows.
We ensure we can support our employees through offering wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals. These include flexible working, trained mental health first aiders and readily available support through our Employee Assistance programme.
Furthermore, along with a competitive salary, we offer a benefits package which includes an enhanced pension scheme, death in service life cover, discretionary bonus scheme and much more.
Logika Consultants Equal Opportunities Policy is to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender, reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.