Key account manager required for an exciting lead role within a rapidly growing, dynamic, vibrant independent environmental and engineering consultancy.
This exciting opportunity has arisen due to the phenomenal success my client has enjoyed over the last few years since their inception.
Due to significant demand from their range of prestigious clients, they are currently seeking to appoint a key account manager to service and grow their existing workload.
This unique opportunity will see you joining a world leading independent consultancy servicing a range of firms both in the UK and Globally.
The position can be based anywhere across the UK. Regular travel required
My client is offering a rare and exciting opportunity for a proven client manager to join the firm and take on a key position within the business. This highly successful independent multidisciplinary consultancy with nearly 100 staff across the UK has already attracted many leading industry specialists to the business. They have enjoyed significant growth since they were established 7 years ago and now boast offices across the UK and globally.
Through their refreshing approach and culture, the business is achieving outstanding results and market growth. They have an enviable reputation as a trusted adviser to many leading organisations across various sectors.
About the role:
In support of the Sector Director(s), the role of the Key Account Manager will be to build and maintain positive relationships between my client and their Strategic and Key customers.
Your responsibilities will include growing the company's revenue, by ensuring those Strategic and Key Clients are satisfied with the services provided, identifying new business opportunities for existing and potential Strategic and Key Clients.
Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting the relevant Sector Director(s) in analysing market and Client data to develop and implement Key Client Action Plans, from the perspective of clients within each Sector.
• Coordinating and leading on the development of strong Key Client relationships, including the identification and engagement with existing and prospective clients.
• Developing individual Key Account Management Plans and associated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for selected key accounts;
• Monitoring and reporting of KPIs to Sector Director(s) and actions to deliver ;
• Ensuring effective interaction and sharing of opportunities using my clients dedicated systems;
• Assisting the Sector Director(s) and Team Managers in galvanizing teams and individuals in delivering the agreed plan; communicating clear vision, targets and values and key relevant business messages; using influence to gain the support and commitment of others;
• In support of the relevant Sector Director(s), gathering and disseminating market intelligence from the Key Clients
• Raising my clients profile within the Key Client organisation(s) through Thought Leadership and other marcomms activity.
Financial & Commercial:
• Responsibility for Key Client revenue generation, delivery & reporting;
• Working with the Service Line Managers to ensure the shape and size of the Service Line teams are aligned with delivering to Client needs;
• Developing the profile of the business by active business development, marketing and promotion within the Key Client organisation(s).
• Leading or supporting the development of proposals for new work in response to RfPs or leads with the Key Client.
• Ensuring fee rates for Services being delivered to the Client are appropriate as far as possible.
• Where appropriate and applicable, supporting Service Line managers with identifying other suppliers and sub-contractors, to support delivery to the Client.
• In support of the relevant Sector Director(s), ensuring that Clients’ contract terms and conditions are reviewed and contain no “high risk” clauses and that the Sector or Service Line Director (or other Director) is involved where appropriate;
• Ensuring that any potential PI claims are notified to the Service Line Director immediately they become apparent.
• Regular monitoring of the Client’s cash profile and supporting Service Line leads in ensuring cash collection is on target in conjunction with the finance team and ensuring all “problem” debts are resolved expediently.
• Key Account Plan development and implementation for ‘Strategic’ and ‘Key’ Clients.
• Working closely with Service Line managers to ensure understanding of Client needs and ensuring that my clients services fulfil their requirements.
• Working with the wider management team to maintain and raise the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of service to Key Clients, ensuring seamless delivery of services and the administration of appropriate levels of Client care;
• Acting as the main point of contact between my client and the relevant Strategic & Key Clients, to ensure that their best interests are being looked after and any issues are dealt with effectively and expediently. This include seeking regular Client feedback on performance.
• Where possible ‘join the dots’ to mobilise not only knowledge, but also that of others in the network, to help meet the Client’s wider business objectives.
Culture & People:
Ensuring all staff working on projects for the Key Client understand and embrace my client’s culture, business strategy and the benefits arising therefrom;
Coaching and mentoring staff in support of achieving Key Client Management Plan objectives.
Health, Safety and Environment:
Liaising with the Service Line leads to ensure the Company’s health and safety procedures are fit for purpose for my client’s Services to the Key Client, that they are all aware of their personal responsibilities and that staff are competent.
Carrying out annual review of safety records for Client and liaising with Service Leads and QHSE representative to implement any required changes to meet Safety Standards to the Client(s).
• Proven track record as a client and key account manager, ideally upwards of eight years’ experience.
• Market facing. Ideally you will have worked in the utilities/oil and gas/industrial sector
• Highly commercial, with a flair for business development
• Strategic thinker
• Excellent Communicator and Presentation Skills
• Highly Organised
• High level of IT competency
• Excellent team player
• willingness to travel
About my client:
Currently, my client provides engineering and environmental consultancy services on a range of activities including asset optimisation/management, feasibility and resource evaluation, environmental planning support, energy yield assessments, licensing and consent, feasibility studies, engineering design and socio-economic assessments. They work across every stage of projects from early feasibility studies, through planning to design, construction and asset management.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates