Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 09:00 - 18:00.
As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do.
Eunomia work primarily in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, low carbon energy, marine planning and climate change mitigation. We employ around 100 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland.
You will be involved in a range of tasks including complex excel and LCA software-based modelling, desktop research, technical report writing, contributing to bids, and preparing and delivering presentations to/for clients. You will be involved in multiple projects at once where quantification of environmental impact is required. These can include; working for the European Commission or national governments in order to direct policy measures; helping Local Authorities understand the implications of and react effectively to the Climate Emergency; and, work directly with private clients in various businesses across the world to understand where their impacts can be reduced or prove the environmental benefits of new or existing technologies.
You will be flexible, comfortable under pressure, have a strong work ethic, and an ability to learn technical work in a range of areas rapidly. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share our commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
- 2+ years demonstrable experience of LCA project delivery either as paid for client work or within a team in an industrial setting;
- Strong technical understanding of LCA and carbon foot printing including the common methodologies for undertaking these;
- Competent in using commercial LCA software with a preference towards Simapro, but willingness to learn if experience is from other platforms;
- Excellent research & data analysis skills, including manipulation of large datasets;
- Demonstrable experience of strong verbal and written communication skills including technical report writing and client presentation;
- Experience working within the Consultancy business model.
- Experience of having contributed to, or led successful business development activity.
- Experience and/or direct involvement of PEF projects at a European level
£27,250 to £32,500 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Death in Service scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Group Pension
- Income Protection Scheme (after completion of probationary period).
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.Application Information
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com by the closing date of 9:00am Friday 6th December 2019and must include the following:
- A formal covering letter (maximum 2 pages of A4), addressed to Gemma Dececio summarising your suitability, your credentials, and reasons for applying. Please also state the notice period you are required to work out (if relevant) and your earliest possible start date.
- A completed application form which should be downloaded from http://www.eunomia.co.uk/about-us/working-eunomia/
- Hardcopy applications will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 9:00am Friday 6th December 2019. Shortlisting will take place soon after the deadline. If your application has been successful, we will be in touch shortly after this date with information regarding interview dates and location. Due to the large volume of applications we expect to receive, we will be unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 months of the closing date, then unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered.
If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0117 917 2250
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward.
Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer.
Company no. 4150627