Senior/Principal Sustainability Professional
Exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Sustainability Professional to join a world leading independent consultancy offering energy, environmental, engineering and technical advice to a range of prestigious firms both in the UK and Globally.
My client works with a range of private and public sector clients including utilities, developers, investors, funders, Governments and regulators. They have unmatched experience, providing their services to onshore and marine energy, property and urban regeneration, transport and infrastructure and corporate clients.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and motivated Sustainability practitioner to join their team, it is an ideal position for someone who is looking to progress their career to the next level through effective delivery of environmental and sustainability projects.
The successful candidate would ideally be based in London, but other locations may be considered. The majority of the work is anticipated to be in the UK, however, given the nature of the role there will be a requirement/opportunity to travel as necessary, within the UK and internationally.
Ideally You Will Have The Following
- Working knowledge of UK (and potentially international) environmental legislation;
- Working understanding of undertaking environmental due diligence assessments;
- Working knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, energy, greenhouse gas emissions and sustainability;
- Familiarity of carbon accounting standards;
- Working understanding of designing and implementing EMS’s;
- Familiarity with a range of approaches to target setting and reporting including science-based target methodologies, CDP, climate related risk assessment and scenario analysis;
- Familiarity with the recommendations of TCFD and other publications aimed at supporting organizations address, manage and prepare against the impacts of climate change;
- Master’s degree or undergraduate, ideally in a relevant subject; and
- A full UK driving licence.
You should have demonstrable experience around these key areas:
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office;
- Successful proposal writing and project delivery skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to produce well-presented, error-free results;
- Demonstrated experience working in client-oriented consulting in the private sector, understanding client needs and guiding them to an appropriate solution;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage complex project deliveries across multiple simultaneous client engagements;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of an audience, client workshops and represent my client externally;
- Effective writing skills, with an ability to write concise, compelling and well-structured documents and reports;
- Strong commercial skills, with an ability to project manage and deliver on time within budget;
- An ability to create networks of customers across existing and potential clients;
- An ability to see the ‘big picture’, as well as focus on the detail; and
- Willingness to travel.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. They offer a significant performance related bonus.
The culture of the firm is very entrepreneurial with a very flat structure enabling people to fulfil their potential and play a significant role in the future of the company.
You will be given ample support in this role whilst given significant autonomy to develop the scope of the position.
Highly recommended for a discreet chat.