EIA Technical/Associate Director/Team Leader
Are you an existing Technical Director or aspiring Team Leader and looking to push your career to the next level?
My client is offering an exceptional opportunity for someone to play a key role in their well-established Planning and EIA team in Manchester.
Due to their brand and reputation, my client is winning a huge amount of high profile/nationally significant projects across a variety of sectors. This means workloads are high and secure for the long term. I am therefore looking to speak to any suitably experienced and motivated specialists in order to highlight the superb opportunity on offer.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and growing a team of 30+ staff, working both Regionally and Nationally. The team also forms a part of a much larger National team.
Currently, the team work on projects in a range of sectors including: Property and Commercial, Power (including Nuclear), Rail, Highways and Government Sectors across the UK and a growing presence globally.
They provide services such as:
Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEAs), Sustainability Appraisals (SAs); (Construction) Environmental Management Plans (EMPs / CEMPs), Construction Site Management / Consent Management; Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA's)/ Equator Principles; Stakeholder Management; CEEQual Assessments; Health, Diversity and Equality assessments and Socio-economic assessments.
- Managing a portfolio of significant projects
- Financial management
- Drafting Environmental Statements, managing the preparation of specialist topic chapters and liaising with internal and external clients
- Presentations to clients and key stakeholders
- Mentoring junior staff
- Bids and tender preparation
- Attending events and networking
- Key member of the senior management team Nationally
- A degree level qualification in EIA/SEA and/or town planning
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Chartered status
- Previous experience of delivering EIAs and working with multi-disciplinary teams on high profile projects
- Sound knowledge and experience of the UK planning system
- An understanding of the town and country planning consents process
- Experience of liaising with planning authorities and stakeholders
- An understanding of a range of technical environment disciplines
- Experience of Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessment would be advantageous
- Experience of health impact assessment is also beneficial
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers an exceptional salary and benefits package, as well as a highly rewarding work culture, including significant emphasis on work life balance, flexibility and wellbeing. You will be well supported with ongoing training, regular reviews.
You will be working on a range of highly prestigious projects. You will be part of an award-winning team and be working with many of the UK’s leading environmental practitioners.
The post comes with significant scope to further progress your career. My clients’ ambition for further growth means it’s an exciting time to join this prestigious brand and be a key player going forward.
In such a competitive market, we understand how many opportunities are available. We can use our vast industry experience to help you evaluate your career aspirations and match you with the best firm and position available. Not only saving you valuable time and effort, but also making sure your next move is the best one possible. All discussions will be highly confidential, so even if you are just curious to hear more, do get in touch.
Apply for EIA Technical/Associate Director/Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly