Principal Sustainability Consultant
I am looking for an ambitious Sustainability professional to join a Global consultancy in their established Sustainability team based in London. Playing a key role within the Sustainability Group, you will be responsible for the growth and development of sustainability services in the areas of sustainable procurement, circular economy and strategy.
Capitalising on my client’s huge portfolio of existing clients as well as a wealth of internal resources at your disposal, you will have uncapped potential in building this service area.
Working in close partnership with the Director of the team you will provide support, mentorship, and leadership, ensuring the delivery of projects to budget, quality, and take an active role in business growth and development activities.
This unique role offers the chance to join an influential team within a truly global leading organisation, working with some of the world’s biggest brands. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
The person will ideally be based in London. However my client is willing to consider exceptional individuals located anywhere in the UK as long as they are willing to travel to London on a regular basis.
Responsibilities will Include
- Project delivery/management.
- Management of junior staff
- Provision of high-quality technical advice to clients
- Pro-actively seek out opportunities to build relationships
- Identify and develop market opportunities/business planning
- Bid and tender writing
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry trends
- Provide direction and performance management of staff
- Regular client interaction face-to-face across the UK and occasionally overseas
- Highly commercial and entrepreneurial
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. IEMA)
- Sustainability consulting/advisory experience
- Experience in global sustainability and assurance standards and guidelines
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to think both globally and locally when developing and communicating objectives and strategies
- Strive to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there
- Detailed and in-depth understanding of commercial risk
- Excellent communicator and presenter, including the ability to write persuasively and effectively
- Strong motivator, relationship builder and strategic thinker
- Keen attention to detail, coupled with strong organisational skills
About my Client
My client has close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, they can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face-to-face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition, including Top Employer 7 years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
Rewards & Benefits
Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
Apply for Principal Sustainability Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly