Development Planning Advisor (Environmental Assessment) - St Mellons, Cardiff
Development Planning Advisor (Environmental Assessment)
- Location: St Mellons, Cardiff
- Grade & Salary: 5 - £29,243
- Post Number: 200029
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Pattern: Full time
- Welsh Language Requirements: Level 4
- Application Closing Date: 1 September 2019
The post holder will assess development proposals for potential environmental impacts across the breadth of NRW interests. They will respond to Local Development Plan and development casework consultations across several Local Planning Authority areas. They will ensure advice is provided to customers that influences sustainable place making and supports the sustainable management of natural resources.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in development planning processes and working with the development sector.
- Experience of applying and reviewing environmental impact assessments.
- Able to communicate effectively with Local Planning Authorities, business and the public, explaining complex issues and gaining support by influencing
- Strong and effective self-management and organisational skills.
- Able to analyse complex information and situations, solve problems and make sound judgements.
- Able to write clear, concise documents
- Able to work well as part of a team and lead virtual task groups.
For more information please visit our website.