We currently have a number of vacancies for Network Controllers to join our Waste Water Customer Field Services Team in the Service Delivery Business Unit.
Yorkshire Water Customer Field Services is embarking on an exciting programme to transform our customers experience and to achieve Upper Quartile performance. For CFS this means being in the top 3 for the least pollutions and in the top 3 for the least internal flooding escapes in our customers’ homes. We are investing heavily to achieve our goals, simplifying our processes and our ways of working to ensure we can fix customers problems first time or at least in the same day wherever possible.
To help deliver this we are looking for more people to join us in the North, South and West Yorkshire region. There are number of roles across North, South and West Yorkshire areas.
What will the role involve?
A field based role within a geographical team working to improve customer service and sewer system performance. Responsible for ensuring a first-time fix solution for customers and the environment whilst ensuring quality follow on work is raised in accordance with our standards and specifications.
Dealing with all escalated issues from the sewer systems and working to ensure they are resolved or progressed in a timely fashion. Supporting with delivering a “first time fix” / same day solution to customer and environmental problems and to deliver the asset plan for network maintenance to eliminate escapes
To safely, proactively and reactively investigate the sewerage system to promote and implement solutions which resolve and/or prevent a sewage escape (flooding and pollution) from occurring from the waste water network and to ensure no repeats take place.
You will work closely with other Yorkshire Water teams and our contracted partners on site to resolve and manage escalated operational issues on the sewers.
You will undertake thorough and timely investigation of escalated issues on our sewerage system to resolve and prevent repeat issues & customer contacts and support operational teams with investigations into sewer asset problems.
You will need to be able to utilise IT systems to collate information and relay feedback and progress rechargeable works
You will ensure Health and Safety working practices & procedures are complied with at all time. When making day to day business decisions you will be required to demonstrate financial awareness and provide technical support to ensure a fix first time resolution & ensuring that the most cost-effective resolution is promoted.
- Previous experience in a customer service related role with face to face communication with customers is an essential requirement of this role.
- You will also have logical problem solving and basic IT skills with the ability to work with technical equipment.
- The ability to influence outcomes and make decisions
- Experience of evidence capture and feedback
- Ability to find faults and diagnose the root cause of an issue
- Knowledge and experience of the sewerage system and performance issues
- It is essential that you have a flexible attitude to your work along with the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships, whilst clearly demonstrating the Yorkshire Water values and behaviours.
- Excellent communication skills is essential with the ability to influence outcomes and make decisions
- Ideally you will have experience of delivering against challenging business targets; previous experience in a commercially orientated and / or regulated environment and experience within the water or waste water sectors or within the broader utilities, process or manufacturing industry sectors; understanding of drainage and sewerage systems.
- You will be required to travel to different operational sites across the region therefore a full EU driving licence is required for the role.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on-line and complete the application process and submitting your CV with a covering letter, outlining your key reasons for applying for the role.
Closing date – 12th August 2019
Interview date - TBC