Senior/Associate Level Ecologist; Leading Independent Consultancy
Exceptional opportunity to join an award-winning independent consultancy with a fantastic reputation as a Top Employer.
Due to the ongoing success of this well-established business, my client is seeking 1-2 ambitious and passionate Ecologists to support their further expansion plans. My client operates from a picturesque location in Oxfordshire with excellent transport links from the surrounding area.
Due to their continued success, my client is looking to add one or two more dynamic Ecologists to their team, from Senior to Associate Level.
The firm can offer a broad range of challenging/high-profile projects to be involved with, as well as a prestigious and loyal client base.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Ecologist with a passion for the subject and the ability to work with minimal supervision and mentor junior staff. It is expected that you will have upwards of 4 years proven consultancy experience.
The successful candidate will be expected to prepare, manage and execute (with limited supervision) the delivery of ecological services for internal and external clients within a wide range of project sectors. Good team working and communication skills will be essential, as the role will demand collaborative working with other environmental and design professionals to deliver a challenging programme of work.
Tasks will include a range of habitat, vegetation and species surveys, as well as technical reporting and liaison with clients and colleagues.
The ideal candidate must have
- A wide range of expertise for protected species
- Enthusiasm for conservation
- Ability to devise and advise on mitigation solutions
- Protected species License
- Demonstrative project Management Experience
- Management Experience of supporting junior staff
- Able to work within multidisciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including high quality written reports
- Willingness to take the initiative in progressing the ecological aspects of the company
- Knowledge of EIA and Planning
- Batchelor Degree in Ecology or related subject
- Should have membership of CIEEM and ideally experience of a consultancy environment
Rewards & Benefits
A relaxed, friendly open planned office set in a beautiful landscaped environment. You’ll be working within an established happy and enthusiastic team. My client prides itself on providing its employees with an excellent work-life balance with potential for employees to work from home.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.