Principal Consultant, Policy
Hours of work:
5 days per week, contracted to 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
You will materially contribute to the growth of a rapidly expanding technical policy area. You will achieve this through strong work winning, project direction, technical expertise and inspirational leadership of a small team, overseeing delivery as the technical expert. With an extensive, existing network of partners and clients, you will, over time, create and win a significant proportion of the work delivered by the team.
Your work will include:
- Delivery of work through exemplary direction of projects to budget, to time and to client satisfaction, with maximum positive environmental impact;
- Overseeing technical excellence of project outputs, ensuring methodology is fit for purpose, rigorous and commercially appropriate to the budget available;
- Ensuring a well-motivated and engaged team through strong leadership, exceptional organisation and delegation; and
- Contributing to material turnover growth of a technical policy area through strong work winning.
Market Area Lead, Policy.
As an experienced technical expert with a track record of successful project direction, you will have your own extensive network of partners, sub-contractors and clients within the environmental policy space.
You will be a recognised national or international expert in one or more of the following areas:
- Marine Litter & Plastics
- Circular Economy
- Waste Management
- Extended Producer Responsibility
As such you will ideally have occupied senior positions in advisory groups, round tables, boards and in headline speaking slots in the environmental policy circuit.
You will have strong leadership capabilities and experience, with excellent delegation and the ability to inspire and drive a team towards its targets.
- At least 5 years demonstrable track record delivering to budget, time and client satisfaction a programme of work >£250k per annum.
- Nationally/ internationally recognised expertise in defined technical area above.
- Strong leadership with exceptional organisation and delegation leading to a well-motivated and engaged team.
- Have been responsible for generating >£250k p.a. income over several years.
- Nationally or internationally recognised speaker on the environmental policy circuit used to giving keynote/headline talks.
- Member of influential boards, policy groups, advisory groups, round tables or other groups supporting the material impact of our business.
Competitive depending on experience and credentials
- Death in Service scheme;
- Private Healthcare;
- Group Pension; and
- Income Protection Scheme (after completion of probationary period).
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of Midday Friday 19th July and must include the following:
- A formal covering letter (maximum 2 pages of A4), addressed to Emma Hanlon summarising your suitability, your credentials, and reasons for applying. Please also state the notice period you are required to work out (if relevant) and your earliest possible start date.
- CV emphasising relevant experience.
Hardcopy applications will not be considered.
Interviews will take place w/c 12th August in Bristol.
If you have any queries please submit these by email or phone to:
email@example.com | 0117 917 2250
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward.
Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer.
Company no. 4150627