Highly regarded, leading multinational/multidisciplinary consultancy with a highly established ecological team based throughout the UK is seeking to add to their central Scotland team.
My client seeks an ecologist with upwards of 18 months proven consultancy experience.
In this dynamic team, you will play a key role undertaking a wide variety of tasks across a multitude of projects in the region. The role will include undertaking ecological appraisals, protected species surveys, mitigation design, monitoring and supervision.
Projects will include large-scale and complex renewables schemes, wind and solar, infrastructure (NSIP) and urban regeneration.
You will have significant responsibility and the opportunity to manage your own projects with support from more senior staff. You will be able to interface with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally. You will be encouraged develop not only your technical expertise, but also your commercial skills.
Edinburgh or Glasgow
Functions of the Role
- Undertake a wide range of project tasks as and when required
- Provide general ecological appraisals, protected species surveys, mitigation design and construction and post-construction supervision and monitoring
- Supporting project work within the office, particularly technical assessments and reporting outputs
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Working towards CIEEM membership
- Previous experience of working in a consultancy business
- Ideally bat and/or ornithology experience
- Undertake habitat surveys
- Full knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation and best practice survey techniques
- Full driving licence
In Return my Client Offers
- Top employer status, voted by employees
- Dynamic and agile working environment
- Full CPD programme
- A highly competitive salary
- Generous benefits package, including significant holiday entitlement, pension, share incentive, life assurance and professional memberships
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.