Stock Condition Surveyor
You'll want this job if:
* You have a background in repairs and maintenance or building surveying and are familiar with HHSRS surveys.
* You're a clear and articulate communicator both written and verbal with effective interpersonal skills.
* You enjoy working with external stakeholders.
* You have impeccable attention to detail.
* You're comfortable with working remotely with minimal supervision.
* You're an effective decision maker and an excellent team player.
What the job involves?
* You'll be carrying out stock condition surveys and measured scoping on behalf of our clients to assist in the formulation of the 30 year business plan.
* You'll be working to achieve the required number of surveys per day based on the commission's survey targets.
* You'll be aware of HHSRS issues, identify relevant hazards and if required take appropriate action to report any immediate issues back to the client.
* You'll ensure that all survey data is accurately recorded through handheld devices (iPads) and uploaded back to Head Office in a timely manner.
* You'll be liaising, advise and engage with residents while in their home, including sign posting residents to clients' services.
* You'll be aware of and keep up to date with relevant legislation which affects the properties managed by our clients.
* You'll be maintaining suitable standards and expectations in relation to health and safety across all works including lone working.
* You'll be working in accordance with our Health and Safety Management System and all relevant good practice guides and legislation.
What do I need in order to do this job?
* You have proven and demonstrable experience in a similar role undertaking stock condition surveys and measured scoping.
* You have experience of carrying out HHSRS assessments.
* You have experience of working for social housing clients.
* You have proven and demonstrable technical understanding of building construction and pathology.
* You have a solid understanding of the Decent Homes Standard criteria.
* You have proven and demonstrable working knowledge of current relevant legislation in the Asset Management environment and Health and Safety requirements.
* You have good working knowledge of the Social Housing Sector and an awareness of its regulation framework.
* You have a good understanding of data management and IT systems as they relate to stock condition and asset management.
* You have a thorough understanding of the principles of surveying and skill in applying them in practice e.g. quality control, material, construction and methodical approach to surveys.
* You have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* You have the ability to accurately identify defects.
* You're able to work effectively using your own initiative and manage your own workload efficiently.
* You have a full clean driving license.
* You have the ability to be flexible with working hours and undertake surveys out of normal working hours if required.
* You'll have a current, up to date basic Disclosure and Barring Service police check (formally known as a CRB check).