MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports and employ over 6000 people. The Group sees over 58 million passengers flying through its airports every year. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts!
We are looking for an Environment Advisor to join our Environment Team at Manchester Airport. The role will initially focus on managing the noise and emission-related impacts of aircraft operations and supporting the airport’s environmental management system.
The successful candidate will work extensively with a wide range of stakeholders, oversee our aircraft noise monitoring systems and be required to manage and analyse significant volumes of data. As such, we welcome applications from candidates who have experience in noise and environmental management and/or familiarity with aircraft operations, coupled with a proven track record in converting large quantities of data to meaningful information.
Reporting to the Environment Manager, the Environment Advisor will work as part of a professional team to support the business in maintaining its environmental and social ‘licence to operate’, enabling future development at our growing airport.
As a specialist advisor on environmental issues the post holder will act in accordance with legislation, good practice and our corporate commitments to develop and implement environmental management systems, monitoring and improvement plans in their areas of environmental specialism. The post-holder will work with a diverse mix of internal and external stakeholders and support the delivery of environmental consultancy to other airports where monitoring and management services are provided.
Typical duties include;
- Provide high quality, timely and robust specialist and expert professional advice on environmental issues
- Ensure that environmental monitoring systems continue to be developed to deliver timely and appropriate management information, in accordance with agreed or established standards, regulations and targets in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with regulatory bodies including the Environment Agency, local authorities and the Civil Aviation Authority.
- Research, monitor and advise on changes to legislation, regulation, policy and practice so that the business remains informed, compliant and a centre of excellence and expertise.
- Identify, deliver, evaluate and report on opportunities for improvements in environmental and business performance in the context of corporate targets and policy.
- Develop procedures and guidelines for the business to direct continued improvement in areas of environmental performance.
- Prepare business cases and assess investment to secure a reduction in environmental impacts and savings in resource use (both financial and natural).
- Plan, initiate, and implement audit programmes (internal and external) in support of the company’s ISO14001 accreditation.
- Audit and report on corporate environmental performance within specialisms, highlighting issues and advising the business on solutions.
- Support the delivery of environmental monitoring and management services to other airports where consultancy services are provided.
- Respond to enquiries from external stakeholders including business partners, customers, neighbours and regulators.
- Experience of monitoring and managing environmental impacts in a complex setting.
- Thorough awareness of environmental law and practice, with an understanding and ability to interpret and apply compliance obligations in relevant environmental discipline(s).
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision with good management skills.
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Experience in management and analysis of extensive environmental data.
- Passion for delivering technical excellence including delivery of technical solutions and efficiencies.
- Experience of effectively collaborating with all levels of internal and external stakeholders including regulatory authorities, customers and colleagues.
- Ability to translate complex research and technical data into understandable reports, suited to a range of stakeholders and presented in a non-technical manner.
- Strong presentation skills, communicating and transferring understanding, knowledge and skills to other parties.
- Experience in obtaining and managing Environmental Permits/Licences.
- Experience in the aviation industry desirable .
- Experience of working with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and other environmental IT platforms desirable.
What we Offer
MAG offers a competitive salary plus pension, free parking and benefits package. We are an employer of choice and can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities in an exciting and dynamic business.
This role will close once we have received sufficient applications.
Apply for Environment Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly