Principal/Associate Director Ecologist
Join one of the UK’s most highly regarded consultancies, with a reputation for outstanding work, fantastic culture and continuous progression and learning.
This exceptional opportunity would suit an ambitious and dynamic Ecologist with significant industry experience who is not only technically strong, but also enjoys commercial responsibilities too.
Joining at Associate Director level you will play a key role in this established UK team.
My client is one of the UK’s leading consultancy firms globally, comprising of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists. You’ll be working alongside many of the UK’s leading professionals on a range of high-profile projects Nationally
You will manage existing projects, working with internal and external clients to deliver and give clear, consistent and considered advice to achieve project goals and benefit biodiversity.
You will report and work closely with the Ecology Team Leader and provide significant support in the running of the team.
- Maintaining high standards and consistency of work and managing the resource requirements for tasks from survey planning and ecological impact assessment through to mitigation implementation
- Responsible for setting and monitoring budgets, controlling expenditure and meeting agreed deadlines
- Represent at external client meetings and represents the ecology team at internal meetings with leaders of other parts of the business
- Produces high quality ecological reports, checking and approving the work of more junior colleagues
- Responsible for the performance and development of others, providing guidance training, motivational and directional feedback
- Positive and proactive individual keen with a desire for continual improvement of both self and the team
Ideally You Will Have The Following
- Extensive technical experience in a range of ecological and protected species surveys. Holder of Natural England personal survey licences
- Proven success of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong experience of providing ecological advice in the design and delivery of a range of projects
- Strong commercial awareness with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients
- Comfortable and confident in a client-facing role
- Experienced at selecting and managing sub-consultants and reviewing their performance
- Experience of designing and implementing successful ecological mitigation including under EPS licences for bats and GCN
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Management experience of individuals and teams with an interest and aptitude for developing more junior ecologists
- Strong ability to build a diverse network of contacts both internally and externally to develop new business
- Experience of providing ecological advice in the design and delivery of Infrastructure project
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Ecology or related subject
- Full Membership of CIEEM. Chartered Status
- Typically, seven years’ plus professional ecology experience in a consultancy environment
Rewards & Benefits
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are even cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for Principal/Associate Director Ecologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly