Morson International are actively recruiting for experienced environmental professionals across a number of diverse environment interface and advisor positions on one of the UK's leading infrastructure programmes.
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
Working closely with the Environmental Manager we require experienced candidates to provide area environmental support and preparation of petition response and reports to the select committee, supporting environmental assessment requirements and deliverables working in close association with Area Teams, Technical Directorate and the Central Environment Team.
Candidates with interface experience will have the opportunity to support the management of key internal and external environmental interface relationships and associated products to ensure consistency of approach and quality. This will support the Central Environment Team’s route-wide environmental assessment requirements and deliverables by supporting close working between Environment Teams (and in particular Area Teams) to ensure consistency of approach and quality.
- Experience of working on environmental assessment (EIA) on complex projects.
- Understanding of environment legislation and current best practice guidance.
- Proven ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills and proven working ability to use Office based software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, coupled with an aptitude towards learning and utilising new software in the office environment (training is provided in the use of the internal document management systems).
- Good understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB is also desirable.
- Experience of working under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/ built environmental discipline.
- Working towards membership of a relevant environmental/ built environmental organisation is desirable.
Apply for Environment Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly