EU Compliance Manager
EU Compliance Manager
Honda of the UK Manufacturing have a vacancy for a EU Compliance Manger to join our newly expanded team on a permanent basis.
We are looking for someone to manage a team of three technical experts to assess and mitigate the risk to Honda’s EU production and sales business with respect to chemical regulations. This role will be working in the Product Compliance and Sustainability Section within the Business Support Department.
This will be a busy and varied role, managing all the required activities to ensure product compliance for all in-scope legislation across our full product range for car, motorcycle and power equipment.
The successful applicant will be required to have a flexible approach to work to support our business needs.
- Proactive and strategic approach to minimise the impact of future legislation to Honda in Europe’s total product line-up
- Legislation and regulation - understanding of and ability to verify impact assessments and risk to Honda EU production and sales business
- Create strategy to minimise risk to Honda EU entities based on technical evaluations for all product types and relevant sales markets
- Understanding of manufacturing methods applicable to Honda products
- Support specific issues to resolution – proposing solutions, progressing to closure and reporting findings to all levels of Honda Business as required
- Contribute to Industry working groups and ensure Honda’s position is considered
- Technical negotiation at all levels within the Honda Global business to ensure unique EU regional legal position is understood and reflected in future strategy development
- Implementation of a strategy to ‘design out’ future risk for new technology introduction
To be considered for the position of EU Compliance Manager you must have:
- Broad compliance and risk experience across car, motorcycle or power equipment.
- Previous experience managing a small team
- Qualification in materials, chemistry, engineering or legal related discipline
- Ability to solve and identify problems working to tight deadlines
- A demonstrable highly organised, accurate approach to your work.
- To be approachable and viewed by the business as a subject matter expert.
- A self-starter that can be relied upon to ensure objectives are achieved to deadline.
- Effective communicator and negotiator at all levels.
- Excellent people manager with relevant experience
- Relevant industry experience in this area
What Honda can offer you:
A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday, a car, optional 2nd car at discounted rate, bonus, local discounts, medical and dental plan, defined contribution pension scheme and the opportunity to purchase all Honda products at a generously discounted rate.
What Honda wants from you:
No two days are the same and you will need to be able to react and change priorities at very little notice. The ability to self-manage your workload and have high level organisation skills is essential. Strong communication skills are a must as you will have exposure to all levels of the business.
About Honda of the UK Manufacturing (HUM)
A place where dreams become a reality. Everyday our plant in Swindon produces 790 cars - about 1 every 67 seconds. That figure is down to the hard work and dedication of our passionate and talented Associates. Just like its predecessors, the brand new Honda Civic is being built here in Swindon too and it’s more than just the quietest, smoothest and strongest performing Civic yet. It’s also a testament to every person and part that makes it possible.
Applicant Privacy Statement
Honda of the UK Manufacturing Limited (“Honda”, “we”) will process your personal data pursuant to your application for employment or engagement with Honda. A full copy of our Applicant Privacy Notice may be accessed at the Honda careers website. Your data is collected in order for Honda to comply with legal or contractual obligations or for our business purposes. If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to complete, or effectively analyse and improve, our recruitment process.