General Manager, Service UK
Reporting directly to the board of directors you will also be responsible for leading the company's sales. The role will involve extensive UK travel to existing and potential clients in order to oversee the delivery of major upgrade and service projects within the UK.
- Lead the sales activities for all UK service business, representing and promoting our business image and reputation
- Develop, influence and support sector business strategy through the delivery of a range of effective services
- Develop and manage the business plan setting stretched, ambitious yet achievable growth targets
- Provide active support to all employees in their delivery and management of collective objectives
- Actively manage business development to deliver new areas of sustainable growth
- Ensure that all performance measures and controls are meeting or exceeding parent organisational quality, commercial and safety standards and that reporting mechanisms are appropriate and legislatively compliant
- The delivery of annual budget and forecasts
- Take care of staff development and succession planning ensuring the team has optimal capabilities to deliver the ongoing objectives
- You MUST have a current proven track record of success as a General Manager or be an ambitious professional ready to become a Managing Director.
- You MUST have current experience of the above for a company specialising in engineering, fabrication and service in the UK (or a UK client or UK sales & service office of a foreign company) based on solutions to the energy industry
- You WILL be a qualified mechanical or electrical/electronic engineer as this is a role that will mean you will be selling and managing technical solutions within a project management environment.
- In ADDITION an MBA would be desirable.