Senior Air Quality Consultant Manchester
Role: Senior Air Quality Consultant
PASSIONATE ABOUT AIR QUALITY?
As a Senior Air Quality Consultant working for Bureau Veritas in Manchester you will play a key role in providing high quality consulting advice both routine as well as pioneering assessment work, implementing innovative approaches enabling us to provide a holistic and high quality service to our clients.
Our Air Quality division is proud of its reputation for the services provided by its professionals and we are relied upon by our clients to deliver quality solutions quickly and efficiently, playing a vital role in the continued success of Bureau Veritas. This is your chance to discover the benefit of working with a team of leading experts within their discipline, to act and develop as a Senior Air Quality Consultant to a large and diverse client base.
Show your confidence in engaging with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of a variety of interesting projects for large, strategic international clients in both the public and private sectors, involving: air quality monitoring programmes, dispersion modelling studies, air quality and odour impact assessments, environmental permitting applications, and environmental management programmes.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
- Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients;
- Contribute to and manage the delivery of projects on time and to budget; to manage resources in the delivery of the projects; to undertake regular project reviews;
- Support junior members of staff in the safe delivery of consultancy services and their professional development;
- Play an active role in the delivery of an annual Consulting Group Business Development Plan; responding to requests for client work and proposals; be exemplar in client management and relationship building;
- Support as required in the definition of the current and future market, market drivers and service offerings of the Consulting Group;
- Communicate the company strategy as related by the Consulting Group Manager;
- Contribute to a business forecasts to provide visibility of workloads, team utilisation and business development activities;
- Deliver against key personal and divisional KPIs.
Candidate requirements include:
- At least 5-years air quality consultancy experience;
- A thorough understanding of air quality legislation, policy and guidance;
- Experience of the delivery, co-ordination and technical review of air quality assessments;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Proficiency in the application of air emissions databases and dispersion models for industrial and/or transport sources (e.g. ADMS, ADMS Roads, AERMOD);
- Proficiency in the use of GIS and mapping software (e.g. MapInfo, Surfer);
- Proficiency in the use of standard IT applications (e.g. Word, Excel);
- Experience in computer programming is highly desirable (e.g. Visual Basic, Python, R);
- Positive approach to the challenges of change and see change as an opportunity;
- Ability to prioritise and schedule objectives to optimise time, cost and quality;
- High level of personal drive and commitment; and
- Strives to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there.
Qualifications required include:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline, and preferably also a Masters;
- Proven experience within the UK air quality sector, preferably within environmental consultancy;
- Full Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM), or equivalent, or the necessary qualifications to become such a member; and
- Full UK Driving license.
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes;
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands; and
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer six years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards.
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
Please contact Rahima Islam on 07436 804288 or visit our careers page at www.bureauveritas.com for further information