Senior Consultant - Construction Environment Management (CEM)
Temple is one of the UK’s leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, planning and sustainability. With a team comprising of some of the most talented people in the industry, we particularly enjoy working on the most exciting and complex projects, where clients can leverage the full value of our insight and commitment.
Our current project portfolio includes Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and other support for HS2, Crossrail 2, iconic property developments and large regeneration schemes, as well as supporting the construction of Crossrail, London Overground, the Northern Line Extension and Thames Tideway Tunnel. We also carry out a wide range of bespoke planning and environmental assignments – everything from air quality monitoring, Environmental Statement reviews, Construction Environment Management Plans, through to expert witness support in relation to aviation noise.
We offer a range of environmental management services in support of property and infrastructure consents and scheme delivery and therefore, we are seeking a bright and decisive senior consultant to join our high performing Construction Environment Management (CEM) team, in a client facing role.
The ideal candidate will be able and comfortable in attending client’s site, travelling around same and conducting meetings with client staff as necessary
What we’re looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s/ master’s degree in Environment Management or equivalent appropriate subject area and a member of a recognised competent professional body;
- 5 years + of relevant experience within the environment, planning and sustainability sectors particularly in the environment management process and discharging of environmental consents;
- Appropriate experience of environmental management on construction projects including site experience and waste management processes
- Demonstrable experience of writing CoCPs, CEMPs, SWMPs and environment input into other construction documentation such as method statements for property developments and infrastructure projects;
- Demonstrable experience of working in and managing multidisciplinary project teams working to tight deadlines and strict budgets;
- Good knowledge and practical experience of legal requirements including experience of obtaining and complying with environmental consents and permits and briefing these to construction staff in workshops or ToolBox talks;
- Ability to monitor and report on environment KPI data
- Experience of undertaking environment inputs into design and construction methodology specifications, and liaising with Stakeholders such as the Environment Agency and the Local Planning Authorities;
- Demonstrable experience of bid writing for property and infrastructure CEM projects;
- Confidence, initiative, enthusiasm, and be outgoing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
It will be an advantageous if you have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental monitoring including Air Quality and Noise and vibration;
- Experience of the planning and the EIA process;
Please send a covering letter and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly identifying the position/grade you are applying for and where you saw this opportunity advertised.
Temple is an Equal Opportunities Employer