Principal Consultant - EIA Property
Temple is one of the UK’s leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, planning and sustainability. With a team comprising of some of the most talented people in the industry, we particularly enjoy working on the most exciting and complex projects, where clients can leverage the full value of our insight and commitment.
Our current project portfolio includes Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and other support for HS2, Crossrail 2, iconic property developments and large regeneration schemes, as well as supporting the construction of Crossrail, London Overground, the Northern Line Extension and Thames Tideway Tunnel. We also carry out a wide range of bespoke planning and environmental assignments – everything from air quality monitoring, Environmental Statement reviews, and health/equalities impact assessments, through to expert witness support in relation to aviation noise.
What we’re looking for from you?
We offer a range of environmental assessment and management services in support of planning applications / infrastructure consents and scheme delivery and therefore, we are seeking a bright and decisive senior consultant to join our high performing property EIA team, in a client facing role.The successful candidate will have:
- Significant relevant experience within the environment, planning and/or sustainability sectors particularly in the EIA process;
- Demonstrable experience at managing or coordinating complex EIA projects (from small to large sized projects i.e. <£200k) and project teams relevant to the required technical discipline;
- Demonstrable experience of writing ESs for property developments and urban regeneration projects;
- Demonstrable experience of working in and managing multidisciplinary project teams working to tight deadlines and strict budgets;
- Demonstrable client / stakeholder interface experience;
- Experience of undertaking ES reviews, and coordinating local authority frameworks;
- Demonstrable experience of bid writing for property EIA projects;
- Confidence, initiative, enthusiasm, and be outgoing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
It will be an advantageous if you have:
- Experience in one or more of: strategic environmental assessment; sustainability appraisal; health/equality impact assessment; socioeconomic assessment; sustainability/ carbon footprinting; natural capital assessment; masterplanning; habitat regulations assessment; ground contamination; hydrology and flood risk; traffic and transport assessment.
- Experience developing and implementing environmental management plans / CoCPs (or equivalent) to support construction property development projects.
Temple provides a wide range of training to its staff including in house workshops run by our experienced team; seminars and presentations from relevant industry professionals in a wide range of environmental and sustainability disciplines and external project management training.
Please send a covering letter and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly identifying the position/grade you are applying for and where you saw this opportunity advertised.
Temple is an Equal Opportunities Employer