Tilhill Forestry has an opportunity for an Ecologist to join the Company. This is a key role responsible for providing a source of expert advice to staff and clients on all ecological matters with particular emphasis on woodland creation projects.
Day to day, this will include representing and promoting the Company’s environmental image and standards, identifying and developing new ecological business opportunities, delivering ecological services and managing the ecological surveys for birds, habitats and protected species, developing budget plans, liaison with customers, supervision of assigned contractors and consultants, developing training materials and delivering ecological/ environment training to employees, as well as compliance with all aspects of Health & Safety and product quality standards.
Ideally, we are looking for the following skills and experience:
• Relevant academic qualifications in Ecology, Environment, Land Use or other related discipline.
• Membership of CIEEM or working towards membership.
• Strong commercial acumen & at least 5 years’ operational experience as Ecologist.
• Understanding of wildlife legislation (e.g. W&CA 1981) and wildlife licensing.
• Proven experience in undertaking or managing surveys (habitat, protected species, birds).
• Strong client relationship management skills.
• Motivational and negotiating skills.
• Well-developed organisational, communication and planning skills.
• Strong IT skills.
• Driving licence and willingness to travel as required.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, plus the exciting prospect of being welcomed into a talented and well-motivated team, together with first class opportunities for personal and career development in a truly national and integrated company.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter, clearly stating the position you are applying for to:email@example.com
Closing Date: 21st September 2018
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available at www.tilhill.com/about-us/careers
Tilhill Forestry is an Equal Opportunities Employer