Competitive Salary Depending On Experience
Purpose of Job
The role of the ESD Analyst will be collection, verification and reporting of project environmental and social impact data. The ESD Analyst will report to the Head ESD Operations and work closely with colleagues at the Environment and Sustainability Department and across relevant departments across the Bank on Green Economy Transition (GET), greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) data collection and analysis as well as on ratings agency requests.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Analyse monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) data of environmental and social impacts of EBRD’s projects (GET and GHG data) and be responsible for the update and enhancement of ESD’s MRV systems;
- Compile and analyse data for reporting of environmental and social impacts according to the EBRD’s procedures. This will include compiling data for inclusion in EBRD’s annual Sustainability Report.
- Undertake research on potential green technologies and green investment components that could be integrated in EBRD’s projects and draft guidance related to potential green components for specific banking sectors such as Municipal Environmental Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Services, Transport, ICT, Property and Tourism, Agribusiness, etc.
- Provide background research to ESD specialists on various topics that inform projects and that are necessary for events and meetings;
- Analyse EBRD’s projects related to GET projects and project components and the verification of the environmental and climate change impact data;
- Draft ToRs of TC projects and manage them throughout the process.
- Plan and organise meetings and events related to GET and MRV with support from and in liaison with other ESD specialists;
- Work with the Results Management team to ensure that project level environmental and social indicators are collected, analysed and reported;
- Assist with Key Performance Indicator data collection, analysis, verification, quarterly management reporting and annual reporting;
- Work with E2C2, Banking and Treasury to measure the impacts associated with the GET projects and Green Project Portfolio applying agreed metrics and facilitate green bond impact reporting;
- Provide ad-hoc support for other ESD data analysis and reporting obligations and respond to rating agency requests.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, environmental management or related field;
- Knowledge of environmental issues and relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: (a) pollution prevention and control; (b) resource efficiency and waste management; (c) sustainable transport; (d) water and wastewater management; (e) natural capital and green infrastructure;
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and work experience related to monitoring, reporting and verification of environmental data;
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel and Tableau (training can be provided on specific platforms). Experience with Excel macros or visual basic is an advantage;
- Familiarity with basic statistical techniques;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of an additional language, which is either one of EBRD official languages or spoken in EBRD countries of operation, is an advantage;
- Familiarity with social concepts and common metrics is an advantage;
- Familiarity with corporate sustainability reporting is an advantage;
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in verbal and written formats, appropriate to the audience at the time;
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
To apply for this role, please click on 'Apply' and submit your details.