Waste & Resources Manager
We are looking for a Waste & Resources Manager to work on our HS2 Enabling works contract. The role is part of the Environment and Sustainability Team which is responsible for the delivery of project wide advice and support for specific works packages in the North Acton/Willesden junction to West Ruislip area. This role will be embedded within the project teams delivering the works packages and will report to the Sector Environment Manager and the Waste & Resources Manager for Euston Station.
- Assist to select sustainable and non-hazardous materials and minimise the production of waste.
- Interpret for the Environment Team on the implications of existing, new and forthcoming legislation, standards and guidance. .
- Interpret and assure materials and waste characterisation analysis reports.
- Undertake and/or assist Sector Environment Manager in establishing, and maintaining relationships with the supply chain and external stakeholders .
- Assist in ensuring that Waste Management requirements are fully embedded in the project construction delivery
- Assist in the development and implementation of Area South Site Waste Management Plan.
- Assist in the Implementation of Sector Waste Audit’s Schedule.
- Responsible for undertaking and/or assisting with the monitoring, analysis of and reporting of Waste performance. Utilise data to highlight areas of further consideration, evaluation and intervention.
We're looking for:
- Environmental qualification
- Charted Waste Manager (MCIWM)
- Experience of waste management on large, complex or very high profile infrastructure/engineering projects
- Solid Track record in delivering robust reports and information for major projects
- CL:AIRE Code of Practice Qualified Person
- You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Our Infrastructure Operating Unit brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, HS2 and the M25 widening.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.