Environment and Planning Adviser or Senior Environment and Planning Adviser
We have a vacancy for an environment and planning adviser or senior environment and planning adviser (depending on experience) to join our engineering and construction environmental services team. The team provides environmental and planning permission advice to engineering and construction staff to ensure that current legislation and company environmental policy are met in the development and maintenance of assets. The role offers the opportunity for a candidate with a suitable environmental degree/MSc to further their environmental skills within the water industry.
* Review planning permission and environmental constraints on projects, advising engineers and programme managers on issues, timescales and costs.
* Project manage individual projects (carrying out external consultation and liaison, consent applications including planning applications, and producing supporting environmental assessment reports and maps) in order to achieve consents to allow projects to progress to programme.
* Advising on specialist environmental issues, the successful candidate will be expected to have knowledge in a number of the following areas: archaeology, noise, odour, contaminated land, flood risk, landscape assessment and pollution prevention.
* Co-ordinate specialist environmental survey and assessment work within project deadlines to support consent application, including managing specialist sub-contractors.
* Working closely with engineering and construction site staff to ensure that environmental issues are properly addressed at all stages of the project.
* Preparing construction environmental management plans and providing on-going construction site support.
The ideal candidate for the role should have:
* BSc or MSc in an environmental science related subject.
* A minimum of five years' experience in a planning/environmental role.
* A good working knowledge of UK EIA and planning legislation.
* Experience of leading pre-planning consultation and preparing planning applications, including supporting environmental information.
* Knowledge of environmental good practices during construction, including pollution prevention planning.
* Excellent communication/negotiation skills with colleagues, technical specialists, external organisations and the public.
* A high level of organisational skills and the ability to manage own projects, workload and deadlines.
* Good IT skills.
* Good presentation/public speaking skills.
Additional preferable skills include:
* An understanding of sewage and water treatment processes.
* An understanding of construction practices.
* GIS skills.
You must be able to demonstrate proof of skills gained and eligibility to work in the UK. The closing date for applications is Thursday 26 July 2018.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 02 August in Bath