Due to continued growth, Curtins Consulting are seeking to appoint an experienced Geo-Environmental Engineer in our Leeds office. The position offers an opportunity to contribute to the development of an expanding geo-environmental consultancy, within a successful multi-disciplinary and national consultancy, with excellent career development prospects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead in delivering technical reports (Phase I and II) providing geo-environmental design input, primarily to built-environment projects.
- Designing and costing Ground Investigation projects and providing site-based management of intrusive works and environmental monitoring.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior staff.
- Pro-active liaison with clients, stakeholders, regulators, sub-contractors and other members of the design team.
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with Curtins procedures and policies and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, or other relevant subject.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Geo-technical Engineering, Engineering Geology or other relevant subject, with focus on Contaminated Land.
- Working to, or achieved Chartered status with CIWEM, Geological Society or similar
- Work experience in a similar geo-environmental consultancy, preferably in the built-environment.
- Contaminated land and/or geotechnical focus, with experience in managing site investigation works.
- Demonstrable knowledge of remediation options appraisals and strategies is desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge of engineering geology and foundation design is desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge of detailed human health and/or controlled waters assessments (DQRA) is desirable.
- Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets.
- Capability of producing written reports to highest standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
- Works well with others in a team environment and possesses strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Strong focus on health and safety.
- Valid driving licence.
- Right to work in the UK without restriction.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days Holiday + bank holidays
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Share Ownership after qualifying period
- Life Assurance
Apply for Geo-Environmental Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly