Senior Environmental Consultant (Management, Permitting, Compliance), Manchester
The Environmental Management, Permitting and Compliance (EMPC) team at SLR provide regulatory compliance and environmental management services to support the industry, minerals, waste, power and oil & gas sectors with their complicated set of environmental legislative obligations. The services and sectors within which the team operate are key areas of growth for the business, and on the back of continued project success there is an opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join the team in our Manchester office.
The position presents an excellent opportunity to join an experienced team of specialists, supported by a multidisciplinary range of experts in the fields of air quality, noise, hydrogeology, process engineering and more. The individual will be mentored by the team and gain a breadth of knowledge to go on to provide the project oversight services strongly valued by our clients and assist with developing new business opportunities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will support the team in a diverse range of compliance and environmental management matters including preparation of environmental permit applications, undertaking of audits and development of environmental management systems, predominantly within the industry and energy sectors.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Broad understanding of environmental management issues (permitting, management systems, auditing) and how they present risks and opportunities for business – ideally coupled with regulatory, industry or consultancy based experience.
• Professional client facing skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in an organisation, and a willingness to engage in the development and delivery (and ideally marketing/Business Development) of a broad range of environmental technical services
• Relevant Environmental based degree and holding/eligible for appropriate level of membership of a relevant professional organisation (IEMA, CIWEM, CIEEm or equivalent)
• Strong numerical skills and the ability to analyse and interpret complex data/information
• Strong IT skills (Microsoft suite or equivalent), and effective time and project management skills and a “can do” attitude
• Full driving license
SLR is uniquely placed as one of a very small number of independent, global Environmental and Advisory consultancies with over 30 individual disciplines spanning Environmental, Advisory and Engineering Consulting. Its unique "one team" culture as a single cost centre means that it is free from the inter office rivalry and charging which often hampers larger consultancies; and it has a flat management structure which facilitates progression based on performance allowing for excellent professional development and opportunities. Along with a competitive basic salary, all of our staff enjoy a benefits package which includes BUPA membership, pension, business class travel insurance, death in service life cover, company share scheme, bonuses and much more.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.
More searches like this
- Consultancy Water & Wastewater Full Time jobs in Salford
- Minerals, Waste & Recycling Water & Wastewater Full Time jobs in Salford
- Construction & Development Water & Wastewater Full Time jobs in Salford
- Utilities Water & Wastewater Full Time jobs in Salford
- Manufacturing Water & Wastewater Full Time jobs in Salford