Mayer Environmental is a results-driven consultancy providing expert advice to the private and public sector on environmental issues in the land quality, waste and recycling sectors to both large and small companies throughout the UK. Our dedicated team of expert consultants provide pragmatic specialist advice which enables our clients to achieve cost-effective, sustainable solutions and ensures we build strong, long-term relationships with them based on trust and mutual respect. We regularly engage and consult with policymakers, regulators and trade organisations.
The Geo-Environmental Consultant will supervise ground investigations and manage reporting within the Land Quality Team. Working in accordance with national standards as well as Mayer procedures, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring we meet client objectives and compliance with UK legislation and best practice.
- Supervision of Ground Investigations in accordance with BS5930 and BS10175.
- Monitoring, sampling & reporting of environmental media including groundwater, surface water and ground gases.
- Preparation of site specific H&S Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Preparation of Phase I Desk Study Reports.
- Assist with Phase II Environmental Assessment / GI Reports.
- Supporting Project Managers / Senior Staff with larger project requirements.
- Liaison with subcontractors and clients.
- You will be a graduate calibre candidate within a relevant discipline such as Earth Science / Environmental Science, Geology based or Chemistry.
- Previous site / ground investigation supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of different investigation methods such as trial pitting, window sampling, cable percussion drilling and rotary drilling.
- Thorough understanding of current contaminated land legislation and guidance.
- Full UK driving license required.
- Flexibility in relation to site visits and, on occasion, overnight stays.
- Good communication, presentation, written, analytical and IT skills.
The ideal candidate will be diligent, analytical and have exceptional interpersonal skills to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and growing company that actively encourages the development and progression of its staff.