Environmental Scientist / Planner
Environmental Scientist / Planner
Be involved in projects with our Planning and Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Planner I/Environmental Scientist for our Charlotte office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual will work closely with staff in North and South Carolina assisting in the analysis of environmental impacts in compliance with applicable governing statutes and regulations and offering technical support for the preparation of transportation and non-transportation planning documents. Key responsibilities will include wetland delineation; stream assessment; vegetation identification; data collection (online and in the field); Geographic Information Systems analysis and mapping; report preparation; assistance with public involvement outreach tasks; and general support to project teams. The successful candidate must be a team player and a self-starter and demonstrate strong analytical, communication, collaboration, and technical skills.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, botany, environmental science, planning or a related degree
- 1+ years related experience
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Wetland delineation experience
- Stream assessment experience
- Vegetation identification skills
- Ability to synthesize field data into report format
- Demonstrated knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to travel to project sites throughout the southeast
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team, work cross-functionally and think critically and strategically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in this country immediately
- M.S. in environmental science, biology, botany, planning or related discipline
- Wetland Professional in Training through the Society of Wetland Scientists
- Working knowledge of transportation planning, NEPA and state environmental law is a plus
- NEPA experience
- Section 404 permitting experience
- Stream and wetland restoration experience
About WSP USA
WSP USA (formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff) is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender/ Minority/ Female/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation