Novartis employs more than 120,000 people worldwide and is active in 150 countries. At Alcon Puurs, one of the larger production sites, we are with more than 1,500. A high-tech site where innovation, quality and good cooperation are fixed values. Working at Alcon offers you the possibility of a job with a great responsibility, where you can learn every day and where your own contribution is appreciated!
We develop, manufacture and sell surgical equipment and devices, pharmaceutical eye drops and eye care products that treat eye diseases and eye diseases. Our broad product range represents the strongest portfolio in the eye care industry. We invest more in ophthalmological research and development than any other company in the world.
The Belgian branch of Alcon consists of a commercial organization with offices in Vilvoorde, our production site in Puurs and a distribution center in Bornem. Puurs has the largest factory of visco-elastics and eye drops / ointments in the world and a distribution center that serves 120 countries, and produces Custom Paks ® (tailor-made surgery packages for eye surgery).
As an environmental coordinator, you contribute to the development, implementation, application and evaluation of environmentally friendly production methods and the monitoring of compliance with the ISO14001 environmental management system and environmental legislation.
This includes the following:
- You are responsible for the availability of a compliant environmental permit
- Checks on workplaces, purification engineering works and waste flows. This can also be done as part of an internal audit.
- Reporting identified shortcomings with proposals for corrective action.
- Keeping track and following environmental legislation
- Make proposals regarding internal and external communication regarding the consequences for people and the environment.
- Being responsible for the implementation of the daily policy on the environment.
- You give an annual explanation of a meeting of the CPBW with regard to the environmental policy.
- You permanently train yourself in environmental sciences, including environmental technology.
- You are responsible for coordinating internal audits and guiding the external ISO14001 and corporate audits.
- You ensure the follow-up of the established environmental management system. This includes training, as well as follow-up of environmental complaints and environmental improvement projects.
- You will also offer support to the security service.
- You hold a Master's degree and have a degree in environmental coordinator A.
- You also have several years of experience in the field of in-company environmental care.
- You can work smoothly with a PC, Word, Excel and Access have no secrets for you.
- You communicate fluently in Dutch and English. Knowledge of the French language is a plus.