Senior Contaminated Land / Geoenvironmental Consultant
We have an opportunity for a contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional supporting our broad range of public and private sector clients on a variety of the most prestigous projects within the UK, Europe and globally. Key requirements include technical knowledge and robustness, flexibility and the desire to continue improving performance in all aspects of your role.
- Delivery of technical elements of projects and proposals within agreed budgets in relation to time, cost and quality
- Management of site works, including specifying and managing ground investigation contracts
- Development of remediation options appraisals and strategies, management of remediation contractors is desirable
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards
Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant technical degree e.g. chemistry, engineering, geology or environmental science.
- A higher degree in contaminated land, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable.
- A health and safety based qualification relevant to the safe management of ground investigation and/or remediation works would be desirable. This may include relevant CITB or IOSH based schemes (e.g. Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme, Site Management Safety Training Scheme and/or safe supervision of geotechnical sites).
- Candidates must hold membership of a relevant industry organisation and as a minimum be working towards chartered status
- Experience and sound working knowledge of industry standard contracts for both ground investigation (Infrastructure Conditions of Contract Ground Investigation Version) and remediation (NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and/or ICE Conditions of Contract)
- Experience and sound working knowledge of industry standard and tailored bespoke specifications for both ground investigation (e.g. UK Specification for Ground Investigation, 2nd edition) and/or remediation. Also cost management of such via use of associated bills of quantity
- Experience of geotechnical data management and interpretation tools such as Holebase and/or Gint. Also a basic knowledge of the use of GIS based systems
- Experience of delivering assessment of land contamination within the UK regulatory framework with regard to current and future use of a site
- Experience in the planning, designing and supervision/leading of ground investigations, including a sound knowledge and proven application of relevant health and safety legislation (e.g. CDM 2015) and management via the creation and implementation of safe systems of work
- Experience with the design and site work associated with remediation of land contamination
- Ability to present technical information in a concise and accurate manner
- Excellence and leadership in health and safety aspects of site investigation and/or remediation works
- Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of role
- Work in collaborative project teams to achieve results by effective communication, sharing of information etc
- Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments would be advantageous
- A full UK driving licence is required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.