Environmental Policy / Economics - Consultant
Our projects help to directly influence the development, implementation and improvement of environmental policy addressing some of the most challenging issues we face.
We are looking to recruit a Consultant to support the delivery of projects across some or all of our main policy areas, which include: chemicals, air quality, industrial emissions, climate change, water, waste and resources, amongst others. If you have: a keen interest in public policy; are able to analyse and interrogate data; communicate clearly both verbally and in writing then we want to hear from you. Applications from those with European language skills - in addition to a high professional standard of written and spoken English - are particularly welcome.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams, contributing to policy development, implementation and evaluation; cost-benefit analysis; model development; information/ data collection and analysis; stakeholder consultation; report writing and verbal presentation.
We offer a competitive salary and pension, benefits package including cycle scheme and high street discounts, excellent opportunities and personalised training for long term career development, a structured induction plan, opportunities for international travel and client interaction within both the public and private sectors. You will have the opportunity to influence environmental policy in a friendly, hardworking team within a global organisation. You will be joining the business at an exciting time and will play a key role in delivering our ambitious strategy for growth.
- A keen interest in public policy and in developing a career in environmental policy and economics.
- Postgraduate qualification in environmental science / technology, economics, engineering, law or policy (or undergraduate qualification plus 1 year directly relevant experience).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write concise reports in English.
- Knowledge of at least one of following topics and the affected sectors: chemicals, air quality or industrial emissions.
- Demonstrable experience in some of the following: policy development and implementation; evaluation of technical / policy measures; cost-benefit analysis; data collection, validation and analysis; and stakeholder consultation.
- Demonstrable research skills / experience. This may be via collection and analysis of data, summarising and critically evaluating literature, stakeholder interviewing, for example.
- Strong mathematical / quantitative analysis, data / statistical modelling skills.
- Analytical techniques such as: survey design and execution; market analysis; socio-economic analysis; regulatory impact assessment.
- Understanding of the development of public policy and the methods for assessing the economic and environmental impacts of government action.
- Familiarity with national and international sources of government and business statistics.
- Up to 3 years' experience of environmental or policy analysis within a consultancy, government, research agency/think tanks, NGO or private sector / industry organisation.
- EU languages.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.