- Directorate: Operations North and Mid
- Location: Buckley
- Post Number: 100670
- Grade: 6 - £32,090.00 - £36,197.00
- Contract type: FTC until 31 March 2019
- Work pattern: 37 hours per week
To protect and enhance the environment by effective and efficient regulation of industrial installations that are captured as A1 facilities by the Environmental Permitting Regulations; non-nuclear radioactive substances under EPR, and sites falling within the COMAH Regulations. Contribute to stakeholder engagement, planning and investigation activities, and an audit programme so as to achieve sustainable environmental improvements. Respond safely, timely and efficiently to industrial environmental incidents and undertake appropriate investigation work. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and undertake proportion enforcement action.
Job Specific Criteria:
- Professional Qualification (essential), educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- Professional Membership (desirable), membership of a relevant professional body.
- Previous regulatory experience (desirable)
- Previous industrial experience (essential), significant experience in a relevant industrial sector.
- Previous industrial experience in a role with responsibility for environmental compliance (desirable)
- Previous knowledge of UK environmental legislation and its implementation (desirable)
For more information on the post and how to apply please visit our website
Closing date: 29th April 2018