Environmental Consultant - Water
An opening has arisen for a consultant based in Ramboll’s Exeter office. The position is within the water practice area of the Environment Team to assist with our diverse workload. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of environmental and technical areas, predominantly within the water discipline. The role will incorporate the management, co-ordination and delivery of flood risk assessments, feasibility studies, environmental assessments and drainage strategy development. It will involve assisting the established water team and environmental project managers across the wider practice. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team, to further develop a variety of skills, and a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector. Training, support and mentoring will be provided.
Key work areas shall include:
- Coordinating with and supporting the established team, taking the lead on discrete actions and deliverables within our existing workload.
- Providing project specific technical support including Flood Studies, Hydraulic Modelling, Drainage Strategies, Environmental Impact Assessment, with the potential to assist with Water Quality Appraisals, Sustainability Appraisals and Environmental Management Plans.
- Responding to and aiding in coordination of project briefs, preparing calculations, drainage strategies, designs, reports, drawings and liaising with other team members to provide progress updates, as well as contributing to the management of projects and budgets, with support from other team members.
- Attending meetings and liaising with clients, contractors, architects, planners and other professionals concerning all areas relevant to our projects.
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required such as assisting colleagues in other environmental disciplines.
The successful candidate shall be self-motivated, confident and affable with the desire to develop as an individual and build successful working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Appropriate BEng/BSc or equivalent qualification.
- MEng or MSc in an environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean driving licence.
·Graduate or Incorporated Member of a professional organisation e.g. CIWEM or ICE.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. Experience of AutoCAD, ArcGIS and Mircodrainage/FloodModeller/TuFLOW/MIKE would be advantageous.
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data.
- Competent in the production of concept drawings for drainage and infrastructure works.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
- Capable of producing clear and concise written reports.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own workload.
- Capable of working independently and effectively within team.
- Ability to use initiative and think innovatively.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated individual.
- Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.