Geotechnical / Geo-Environmental Engineer
Geotechnical / Geo-Environmental Engineer
Location – North West - Site and Office Based
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Salary to be discussed and based on experience (£25-30k, Negotiable)
Chandos Remediation Introduction
Chandos Remediation is one of the fastest growing, technically qualified and respected remediation contractors in the North West. Due to our continued growth and expansion we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Geotechnical / Geo-Environmental Engineer to join our friendly and dynamic team. The role will be varied and you will form an essential link between the office and site teams.
The role will be multi-disciplined and will encompass a broad range of responsibilities associated with the technical and operational delivery of both site and office based work. The applicant should be enthusiastic and versatile and have 2-5 years’ experience within the geotechnical, remediation and/ or geo-environmental consulting industries.
You will need to possess excellent verbal communication skills. First class analytical and technical writing abilities are important, as is a flexible and collaborative attitude to solving problems in a non-hierarchal environment. You will be experienced in working on construction sites to a high standard of health and safety. The majority of works will be within the North West however occasional trips further afield may be required.
The preferred candidate will have experience or knowledge of geotechnical engineering including exposure to soil mechanics, geotechnical validation and foundation design. The candidate should be ambitious and will be heavily involved in developing in house geotechnical capabilities and services.
Your key responsibilities will be the effective delivery of a wide range of tasks including:
- Demonstrating excellent health and safety standards;
- Overseeing earthworks compliance and specification;
- Production of technical reports and documents;
- Assisting in the design and planning of remediation schemes;
- Planning and undertaking Phase 1 and Phase 2 investigation works;
- Undertaking geotechnical/remediation verification testing and interpretative reporting;
- Undertaking geo-environmental monitoring;
- Liaison with statutory authorities and other stakeholders;
- Subcontractor selection and management;
- Delivery of projects safely and within budget; and
- Development of opportunities.
- A Relevant Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology;
- 2-5 years’ experience within the geotechnical, remediation and/or geo-environmental consultancy industries;
- Full valid UK driving license;
- CSCS competency card; and
- Sound communication and writing skills (in English).
Preferred but not essential (training will be provided)
- SMSTS certification;
- First Aid certification;
- AutoCAD software experience (take offs, volumetric, basic drawing) and willing to develop in-house drawing ability;
- Chemical analysis interpretation for both human health risk assessment and Waste Classification;
- Production of Method Statements and Risk / COSHH Assessments;
- Maintaining/developing environmental/quality management systems;
- An understanding of remedial and soil stabilisation technologies; and
- Setting out/Surveying experience.
For the right candidate, the role offers significant potential for career advancement in a young, successful, dynamic and fast-moving company where your input will be valued and rewarded.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience;
- Direct mentoring from experienced chartered engineers/geologists;
- Non hierarchal company structure;
- Training will be provided based on requirements;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company van (if required);
- Holidays: 33 days (including bank holidays);
- Pension Scheme;
- Life Assurance scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme; and
- Active company social scene.
If you are interested or would like to find out more about the role please contact Phil Sales on 0161 488 1140 or submit your CV and covering letter to:
Chandos Remediation Services Limited - Chandos House | Oak Green Business Park | Earl Road | Cheadle Hulme | Cheshire | SK8 6QL
Alternatively Email: Phil.Sales@chandosremediation.com