Site Safety, Health & Environment Manager (SHE)
Salary – Up to £45k
Location - Purfleet
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? If yes, we are looking for top talent that are passionate foodies that also believes in the power of the plants for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
In 2015 Spreads division created a new standalone company, the Baking, Cooking and Spreads (BCS) organisation that changed from operating as a Global Brand Led Organisation. It was an enabler to break down silos, to be more marketing facing and consumer connected. It unleashed a new leaner and more agile organisation with an experienced cross-functional leadership team with full accountability for the brands P&L.
So What Next?
On Friday 15th December it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and will continue to instilled a culture that encourages its employees to embrace risk and reward, focus strongly on being faster, sharper, and more agile, and transform into one which has a mind-set and strategy defined by the product, customer and consumer.
Unilever operates a world class manufacturing environment and to continue to do this safely as well as sustainably we are seeking a site SHE Manager in Purfleet, the home of Flora.
The site SHE Manager has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. You will work with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local SHE Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Deploy the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Manage the SHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions and water & energy consumption
- Lead the SHE Pillar in accordance with Manufacturing Excellence
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management
- Monitor site legal compliance, ensuring the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards.
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behaviour observations and deep compliance audits
- Develop and deploy internal SHE auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
Skills and Experience Required
- Manufacturing experience (FMCG preferred)
- Degree qualified within Engineering or Science or equivalent experience
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety - leading to CMIOSH
- IEMA Practitioner Certificate
- Lead auditor BS OHSAS 18001 or ISO 14001
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to coach/implement change
- Substantial Mechanical or Chemical Engineering experience
- High hazard process safety manufacturing
- WCM Safety or Environment Pillar experience (ideally as leader)
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
Online Application >> Digital Interview >> Face to Face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
For further information about this position please call: 0800 0284390. Please do not contact this number if you are an agency/third party. This number is strictly for candidates only.