The Exciting Opportunity
Owing to our continued success, we are now looking to recruit a high calibre Ecologist with proven consultancy experience to work within our Environmental Planning team with opportunities in our Warrington and Croydon offices. You will be engaged upon an extensive portfolio of ecology schemes for construction and development projects, ensuring we meet the demanding workload.
We have over 20 years of experience undertaking ecological surveys and assessments, as well as the provision of advice on soil, land use, hydrological and sustainable drainage issues, arboriculture and cultural heritage. During this time, we have undertaken over 2000 projects covering a wide range of environmental disciplines throughout the UK, in Europe and beyond, for public and private clients.
Presently, we are engaged on a variety of large and interesting projects, including Highway and Rail Schemes, Power Stations, Electrical and Gas Infrastructure, and Residential Developments, and are working for a wide selection of clients based throughout the UK, including the EDF Energy, National Grid, the Environment Agency, Transport for London, Network Rail, Wrap, The Canals and Rivers Trust and Housing Associations.
Overview of Role:
- Develop knowledge and practical skills (based on CIEEM’s competency framework) through on-the-job learning on assigned tasks, though affiliations and through continuing education/training
- Provide technical support into assigned projects and bids under professional supervision, meeting budgetary, quality and timeframe targets
- Gain awareness of, and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of project management and develop commercial skills
- Work towards Associate and then Full membership of CIEEM
- Develop relationships with clients through client contact (under supervision as required)
- Collating and interpreting existing ecological information for desk studies
- Carrying out ecological field surveys
- Overseeing ecological aspects of site work
- Carrying out practical habitat creation/management work
- Producing survey reports, licence applications and other documents
- Assessing the impacts of proposed developments or changes in land management, developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts and devising monitoring schemes
- Assisting with research projects, reviews of documentation, or statistical analyses, and providing suitable interpretations of these tasks
- Carrying out general administrative/management tasks relating to project and business management, marketing, project quality, environmental issues, and Health and Safety (H&S) (including risk assessment)
- Managing small low-risk projects
- Complying with Arcadis’ s procedures for project and data management, data security, IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) and copyright issues
- Acting as support for others within the same work team/business sector
- Carrying out a regular programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and training in Arcadis’ s procedures
- Understanding Arcadis’ s visions and values and reflecting them in their own behaviour
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your Line Manager
What You have to Offer:
- Relevant first degree
- Full driving licence
- Graduate membership of CIEEM
- Species-specific personal licences
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health, safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit:www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
Private Medical Insurance
Cycle to work scheme
And Lots more!
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunity to invest in the Arcadis staff discounted share scheme