Senior International Biodiversity Specialist
An opening has arisen for a Senior International Biodiversity specialist to join our team in the UK, preferably to be located in Bath, London or Edinburgh, although other locations will be considered. The role provides an exciting opportunity to apply core ecological skills and experience in a dynamic commercial environment on a range of international and UK projects. Although based in UK, the role will involve working as a key member of the global Impact Assessment Service Line and international travel will form part of the role. Current project locations include Africa, Europe, Asia and Russian CIS.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Required Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have:
- A BSc in a relevant ecological discipline.
- An MSc in a relevant discipline (desirable but not essential).
- The ability to apply technical excellence in a commercially astute manner.
- Strong understanding of International Finance Institutions’ standards (e.g. IFC PS 6), including experience with Critical Habitats and the concepts of ecosystem services.
- Experience in ecological advisory services in due diligence and impact assessments.
- The ability to travel to project sites and work with our client teams.
- Experience in the design, review and implementation of ecological impact assessments, biodiversity baseline studies, action plans and offset strategies.
- Preparation of proposals, proven work winning skills, team leadership and project management.
- A full UK driving licence and eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will work alongside our high performing teams of ecologists, biodiversity experts and impact assessors and have the opportunity to join Ramboll’s global environmental, health and social experts worldwide.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.