EIA Consultant, London. Market leading consultancy
Looking for an ambitious environmental consultant specialising in EIA to join this highly prestigious consultancy client. This role not only offers you the chance to join one of the most highly regarded firms globally but also to work on iconic projects, gain significant training and career progression
My client is looking for an experienced EIA consultant looking to move their career to the next level. This role will see you taking a key role within an established team, which forms part of a much larger environmental business.
The successful candidate will be offered an unrivalled opportunity to work on a multitude of high profile projects across the UK and Internationally
The team is set for significant growth in the year ahead, thus offering significant scope for further progression
You will receive great support and mentoring to help you develop your career further. By joining this prestigious firm this opportunity will give you outstanding credentials to progress in the industry
The role will focus on the delivery of high-quality EIA support which may include site selection and optioneering through to scoping, ESs and delivery. A willingness to work on a range of different projects, including long-term major infrastructure projects, if required.
You will provide clients with environmental and sustainability solutions, and you will be required to demonstrate an understanding of current issues and market drivers.
The post will require a good understanding of public and private-sector client and business needs, and will require excellent communications skills and an ability to develop personal networks.
You will need to work closely with peers throughout the UKMEA Environmental Network, and partners in engineering and other teams.
* Working as part of a team, delivering high-quality assessments to agreed budgets and deadlines;
* Contribute towards improved standards in the work of the team and strive to meet and exceed client expectations;
* Writing and reviewing environmental deliverables including team instructions, templates, guidance, programmes and draft reports.
* Assist with management of all aspects of projects including project set up, administration and finances;
* Reviewing and critiquing plans and scheme information and review, edit and provide constructive comments on all written deliverables prepared by others;
* To identify and help progress business development opportunities;
* To represent the client at internal and external meetings;
* To support the preparation of bids and tenders;
* To maintain compliance of Management Systems as appropriate.
* To identify skills gaps and advise the leadership of potential need for training in technical or professional topics.
Your core professional expertise will be in EIA co-ordination, ideally with an interest in due diligence and in other assessment areas such as Health Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment or assessment of greenhouse gas emissions.
You will be working towards chartered environmentalist status, with membership of an appropriate professional institute, and will be qualified in one, and probably more, of the following:
* First degree in appropriate subject
* Proven experience in the field of EIA co-ordination, ideally with specialist skillset
* Motivated and able to work under own initiative
* Strong communication skills
* Good written and presentational skills
* Must be a team player and willing to support work of others in the EIA team as well as the wider Environmental group
* Ability to prioritise and manage multiple on-going activities
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Good commercial awareness
* Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
My client offers a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
As well as this my client offers a highly rewarding and enjoyable office culture, with employee wellbeing a core focus. The centrally located offices are award winning design and provide a vibrant work space. They are well connected to public transport, provide showers and secure bike storage. They are in great proximity to a range of the capitals top shops bars and restaurants.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact us.
Apply for EIA Consultant, London. Market leading consultancy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly