Water Resources Planner - Supply Forecast
The role will be key in supporting the Supply Demand Manager to deliver ongoing water resources monitoring and reporting as well as components of the Company's supply forecasts and Water Resource Management and Drought Plans.
* Use detailed technical knowledge of ground and surface waters along with technical capability to deliver detailed modelling and numerical analysis e.g. deployable output, headroom uncertainty, levels of service, security of supply analysis and technical reporting.
* To promote plans and processes to deliver regulatory compliance, for instance drought planning, production planning, discharge compliance, abstraction licencing and supply forecasting. This involves an understanding of the relevant regulations, accurate timely monitoring, setting and communicating related objectives and reporting based on auditable data and methodology.
* To supervise and ensure delivery of contractor activities such as investigation programmes and pilot studies
* Use technical knowledge of water resources supply to identify and communicate details of issues in existing systems or processes.
* To maintain discussions across departments, engaging and influencing people, where there may be differing priorities, to ensure consensus and an agreed way of delivering regulatory requirements (e.g. Production Planning and Discharge Consents)
* To provide technical support on an ad hoc basis to departments across the business who require it with regard to environmental water related licencing / permitting and supply forecast i.e. planned levels of service / security of supply
* To maintain relationships, including liaison and negotiation of potential areas of operational differences, with external stakeholders, industry network groups, and industry regulators on the Company's on supply forecast and other specified regulatory areas
The successful applicant will have a relevant degree, experience developing groundwater or other hydrometric models and have an interest in water resources planning. They will have a good eye for detail, be competent using excel and also at communicating with a wide range of people both in and outside the Company. They will be able to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
The role will suit someone who is structured, organised and specialist/technical/administrative by nature. The job calls for someone who is systematic and has the ability to concentrate on things within their area of knowledge, experience and education. The work may involve gathering facts or performing specialist assignments. The person fulfilling this role should be approachable, thorough, methodical, predictable, self-disciplined, patient, logical, careful, and diplomatic in approach. Moderation, consistency and the ability to tie up all the loose ends and finish a job will be of importance. Maintaining quality and standards are a priority.
The successful applicant should have the ability to:
* Develop a team atmosphere through hard work, calmness, tolerance and consistency, attempting to fulfil work projects with honesty and integrity.
* Be consistent in the manner in which a task is tackled, creating sound practical procedures which incorporate checks for accuracy and ensure that tasks are completed satisfactorily.
* Be persistent in problem solving, seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others, researching the facts with care and resolving problems in a timely and thorough manner.
* Provide the best possible solution to problem solving or decision making by conscientiously testing things, examining facts, trying different alternatives and thinking things through.
* Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
* Driving licence
* A relevant degree
* An understanding, and ideally practical experience, of groundwater modelling
* 4 years relevant technical experience
* Working towards Chartership or a similar professional accreditation
* Competent communicating with a wide range of internal and external audiences
* Able to lead developments and improvements to business processes
This post is subject to a basic criminal record check and the Right to Work in the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.