Remediation Plant and Maintenance Engineer
RemedX, a member of RSK Group, is a UK based remediation contracting and consultancy company with over 15 years experience delivering soil and groundwater remediation projects across UK and Europe. We deliver a wide spectrum of services for the contaminated land market from provision of water management systems to design and implementation of full scale remediation schemes.
We now have a unique opportunity for professionals looking to join our plant installation and maintenance team in Bristol.
Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. In the rail sector, we have developed a strong philosophy of collaborative working within alliances and other project teams, together with implementing innovative systems and techniques to drive environmental excellence and wider project efficiency.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
Mechanical and Plant Maintenance Technician/Engineer - Bristol
- Equipment servicing and maintenance in accordance with the company integrity system
- Pre- assembling and testing treatment systems at our yard
- Mobilising equipment to site
- Installation, commissioning and operation of treatment systems on-site
The role will involve hands on site work, working away from home on a regular basis and travel throughout the UK with occasional overseas trips, thus a full UK driving licence is essential.
Previous experience is not mandatory however; ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate previous experience with the following:
- Trailer towing and Class 2 HGV licence.
- Practical experience with mechanical, electrical and process engineering including equipment installation and commissioning
- Working knowledge of pressure vessels, vacuum systems, air strippers/ scrubbers or similar multiphase operations would also be advantageous
- Knowledge of remediation technologies would be preferred
- Good time keeping
- Team player
- Strong organisational skills and able to communicate with project teams
- Strong quality, health and safety culture
- Computer literate
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving abilities
Salary and benefits
- This is a full time post with a salary ranging between £20-35K depending on experience.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Lauren Reynolds, HR Advisor at email@example.com or call 0117 300 4280.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.uk
RSK Group plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for Remediation Plant and Maintenance Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly