An established, world renowned scientific and engineering consultancy have approached ALLEN & YORK Ltd seeking a highly qualified Toxicologist to join their dynamic team based in the South West. The company prides itself as being at the forefront of toxicological concepts, developing fresh, innovative solutions to its broad client base.
As the successful candidate, you will be part of an organisation where being a specialist in your field is celebrated and where professional development is encouraged.
- You will have a positive attitude and highly motivated to work as an individual and as part of a multifunctional team.
- Undertaking chemical hazard and risk assessments for UK and international regulators.
- Participate in the registration of strategies, including data gap analysis, reading across justifications and studying and monitoring any system across the business.
- Can assess toxicological hazard profiles.
- Be competent in carrying out literature reviews, reviewing, summarising and writing up data in a report format.
- Provide support to all our key clients 24 hours a day, as part of a toxicology advisory service.
- There is an opportunity to take part in project management if desired.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must hold a first-class degree in a toxicological, biological, chemical or health science subject.
- Post-graduate specialisation in toxicology e.g. an MSc qualification.
- Board certification (ERT, DABT) or working towards registration.
- Must have experience in mammalian toxicology study data.
- Experience in risk/hazard assessment or related topics.
- Highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A strong understanding/knowledge of computer software, such as IUCLID, QSAR, BMDS, Toxtree.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
In return for your commitment to the company, you will receive a highly competitive salary and a wide range of benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Lloyd Dawson at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.