An exciting opening has arisen for an experienced contaminated land consultant based in Ramboll Environ’s London office. The position is within the contaminated land and environmental due diligence team. The role will involve managing land contamination and remediation projects and assisting the established team in day to day activities in these areas. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team, to further develop a variety of skills, and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector. Training, support and mentoring will be provided.
Ramboll Environ is the global Environment and Health division of Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Ramboll Environ has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK environmental business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Key work areas shall include:-
- Phase I Environmental Assessments:
- Undertaking of desk based research
- Carrying out of site inspections of a range of commercial/industrial facilities
Phase II Environmental Assessments including:
- Support and lead site investigations
- Sampling of soil, gases, groundwater and surface water
- On-site monitoring of gas and groundwater
- Data input, management and interpretation
- Report writing and preparation of figures
- Undertaken detailed quantitative risk assessments
- Lead remediation projects and support more complex remediation projects
- Inspire clients and build a book of business
- Actively engage in client meetings and business development
The successful candidate shall also support Ramboll Environ consulting teams across the UK in a variety of areas on an as required basis. The successful candidate will be self-confident, willing to work flexible hours when required and be able to build positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Appropriate degree in geology, geo-environmental, environmental, chemistry or other related discipline.
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean driving licence
- IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Ability to accurately input data into software programs.
- Well organised and be able to prioritise own workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data.
- Numerically competent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Competent and efficient report writing skills.
- Strong team member.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.