Manager Level Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant
Ramboll Environ is the global Environment and Health division of Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Ramboll Environ has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around seven practices; Acoustics; Compliance, Strategy and Transactions; Impact Assessment; New Initiatives and Sustainability; Product Safety and Stewardship; Site Solutions; and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and capable manager level consultant to join our EIA team in Victoria, London. The Manager would share responsibility in line managing and mentoring the growing EIA team and actively collaborating with in-house specialist and engineering colleagues. The role will involve working as a leading member of the EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects both in the UK and internationally.
The successful applicant should be dynamic, possessing strong business development skills and an advanced understanding of EIA legislation to provide robust, strategic EIA advice to clients.
Key work areas will include:
- Project direction of the EIA technical team, the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process and the preparation of Environmental Statements (ESs);
- Report writing as necessary;
- Technical review and sign off of ESs;
- Day-to-day client point of contact and attendance at key client and team meetings;
- Strategic EIA advice;
- Mentoring junior staff;
- Line management of staff; and
- Business development.
- High level of technical competency in environmental impact assessment;
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of current and emerging environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Competent and efficient report writing skills;
- Experience in developing business and client relationships;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong leadership and project management skills;
- Strong presentational skills;
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project); to prepare figures and project programmes; and
- A full UK driving licence and eligibility to work in the UK.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline;
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline would be desirable, but not essential;
- Full clean driving licence;
- Demonstrable EIA management experience in the property sector;
- Proven track record in environmental planning, delivering complex projects on time and to budget;
- Proven track record in developing business and client relationships; and
- Experience in leading teams of professionals.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.