Opportunities have arisen for experienced ecologists to join our team in the midlands/north of England working on a range of infrastructure and commercial projects. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of ecology services. The roles will involve the provision of ecological surveys and reporting, ecological mitigation design and any other related tasks. It will also involve assisting, where necessary, the other environmental disciplines in the established team and project managers across the wider practice. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team delivering on a key project and to further develop a variety of skills, and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector. The roles would ideally be based in Birmingham with potential locations of Leeds, Chester and Manchester.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division within Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Environment and Health has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
The Environment and Health UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around seven practices; Compliance, Strategy and Transactions; Impact Assessment; Sustainability; Product Safety and Stewardship; Site Solutions; and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Key work areas shall include:
- Undertaking ecological surveys and producing high quality reports.
- Undertaking ecological mitigation design and delivery services.
- Liaising with ecological Regulators and planning authorities.
- Liaising with clients, partner organisations and sub-consultants concerning all areas relevant to our projects.
- Delivering complex projects on time and to budget.
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required.
The successful candidates shall be self-motivated, confident and affable with the desire to develop as an individual and build successful working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management.
- Protected species licence(s) would be advantageous.
- Appropriate BSc or equivalent qualification.
- MSc in a relevant environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean UK driving licence.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook (and ideally ArcGIS).
- Experience of field work and survey techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Capable of producing clear and concise written documents.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own and others workload.
- Capable of working independently and effectively with in team.
- Ability to use initiative and think innovatively.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated individual.
- Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.