NEAS Senior Environmental Project Manager
We’re investing £2.5billion between now and 2021 that will reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes across the UK. It’s an exciting time and we need your help to ensure that this work is delivered with full attention to the environmental impact.
Our National Environmental Assessment Service (NEAS) manages the environmental assessments and consents for the flood projects that the Agency builds. Joining the team as a Senior Environmental Project Manager you’ll play an important role in delivering positive outcomes for people and wildlife alike.
The role draws upon a diverse range of skills. Working closely with other teams, you will be involved in:
- Ensuring that engineering projects are environmentally compliant
- Screening, planning and co-ordinating the delivery of EIAs
- Working with a variety of environmental stakeholders
- Identifying environmental opportunities and delivering multiple benefits
- Working with external suppliers and other Environment Agency specialists within integrated project teams
- Strategic Environmental Assessment of our strategies and plans
You'll have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external partners. It is advantageous to have project management skills too.
You must have an environmental background and a relevant degree (or equivalent) and are working towards a relevant professional qualification such as Associate or Practitioner IEMA. You will also:
- be able to show where you’ve worked with others to deliver environmental success
- have experience reviewing statutory environmental statements, and SEAs and co-ordination of statutory EIA
- be able to demonstrate a good understanding of different technical areas of expertise, such as habitats regulations, planning or environmental design
- have obtained or be working towards Full or Chartered Membership of your professional institution (e.g. IEMA or CIWEM).
We are always looking at good practice from other sectors and so experience in the water industry is not essential, if you have valuable experience to offer.
Contact and additional information
This is fixed term post for 1 year based at Reading.
You will need to hold a full UK driving licence. The roles do require some travel and overnight stays.
More information about the role and application process can be found in the candidate pack.
The closing date for applications is 1st October 2017
Interviews will be held on 18th October 2017.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Phil Griffiths at email@example.com
Works as a core member of project teams, managing and integrating EIA into the general project management process.
Advises project managers of resource requirements, develops briefs and procures services for standard projects.
Demonstrates a good understanding of environmental and sustainability principles and can confidently discuss technical matters with a range of environmental specialists. Understands how to integrate this knowledge into projects to improve outcomes.
Applies and interprets relevant environmental legislation and policies to individual situations. Has advanced knowledge in some specific areas, including EIA Regulations. Can advise on interaction of environmental assessment with other regulatory regimes. Able to interface with legal teams to provide advice to project teams.
Demonstrates innovation in one or more schemes or provides evidence of successfully influencing a project design to exceed a challenging target.