Senior EIA Consultant
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors worldwide.
Our ‘Innovative Sustainable Solutions’ unit comprising 900 environmental staff provides advice for our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. Our work providing environmental services is of critical importance to the general public and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed without significant environmental detriments.
To meet our growing business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Senior EIA Consultant to join our Belfast office. The Senior EIA Consultant will provide support to senior members of the EIA team.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there. The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- Working as part of the Environmental Assessment team to deliver a range of environmental projects.
- Support in the delivery of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Writing and reviewing environmental deliverables to a very high standard.
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other day to day project management tasks.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science (2nd degree desirable).
- Proven track record of managing and delivering EIA projects.
- An excellent understanding of environmental impacts associated with industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Strong team working capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
- A focus on results and project delivery.
- Flexibility to work out of other Jacobs offices in the UK and Ireland if required.
- Resource management experience.
- Chartered Environmentalist or other relevant chartered status.
- An Emergency First Aid qualification.
- Experience accrued in both the UK and Ireland.
- Renewable energy EIA project experience.
- Infrastructure project EIA experience.
- Project management experience.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of our people and our Beyond Zero initiative, which instils a ‘Culture of Caring’ for staff in everything they do. We believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.