Technical Director - Acoustics, Noise and Vibration
The successful candidate will lead a growing team that is active in multiple business sectors to drive, deliver and manage our considerable existing project workload in environmental noise and vibration, whilst also contributing towards business development and further team growth. As part of the role, you will collaborate with colleagues providing consultancy services across a wide range of technical disciplines that are located across the UK, and have the opportunity to build on relationships with colleagues based in other parts of our European business, as well as in the Americas.
We are looking for a talented noise and vibration professional with good all round technical skills combined with strong leadership and people/business management credentials. You will therefore be working with senior colleagues within your team, together with senior management within our wider UK business to ensure the successful technical and commercial delivery of existing and future projects. You will be also be involved in business development and be comfortable interfacing confidently with clients to enhance further our reputation as a leading supplier of environmental noise and vibration services. With a young and dynamic team to lead, you will also have responsibilities for the managing and mentoring of junior staff.
Skills / Experience Required
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in Acoustics or a relevant subject; What is a relevant subject given everything else required?
- Full corporate membership of the Institute of Acoustics (IoA);
- Specifically focused on Environmental Acoustics across a range of business sectors;
- Experience with Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and ideally Development Consent Order (DCO) applications;
- Minimum of 12 years consultancy experience;
- Business management experience, including monthly financial reporting, resourcing and recruitment;
- Commercial management experience, including providing responses to and leading strategic bids;
- Managing a technical team and ideally mentoring to junior colleagues;
- Experience of providing technical direction at a project level;
- Demonstrable record of developing and securing new business;
- Full driving licence.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. Employing around 35,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2016 revenues of £5.4 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, power and process, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.