Graduate Environmental Scientist – (18 month fixed term contract)
We have a vacancy for a Graduate Environmental Scientist to join our busy Environmental Services team. The purpose of the role is to provide technical support and environmental advice to engineering and construction staff to ensure that current legislation and company environmental policy is met in the development and maintenance of assets. This role offers the opportunity for a graduate with a suitable environmental degree to further their skills within the water industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking environmental screening for engineering, construction and operations projects. This is done using graphical information systems (GIS) and external consultation with local authorities in order to identify environmental and planning constraints affecting projects.
- Producing individual environmental and third party management plans and environmental constraints maps in order to inform engineers of the issues affecting their projects.
- Assisting Environmental Scientists with environmental and planning input for individual projects.
- Providing environmental information and guidance to engineering and construction colleagues in response to requests for general assistance and advice, in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Maintaining essential databases and spreadsheets with current information in order to assist with environmental data reporting and resourcing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BSc in an environmental science related subject
- (Some relevant work experience preferred but not essential)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of UK Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) processes and legislation
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A high level of organisation skills, and ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good IT skills (including GIS)
- A basic understanding of water and waste water distribution and treatment processes and / or engineering and construction processes would be an advantage
You must be able to demonstrate proof of skills gained and eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date: Friday 23rd June
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 11th July in Bath